Easy Corn Salsa
This easy corn salsa tastes like Chipotle's corn salsa and comes together in a flash using a bag of frozen sweet yellow corn. It's delicious served as a snack with tortilla chips or as a topping on your favorite Mexican dish.
- 1 16 oz bag frozen yellow sweet corn, thawed
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and diced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss. Taste and season with additional salt, if needed.
Serve salsa as a snack with chips, appetizer or a side for dinner.
Store salsa in an air-tight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
- To defrost frozen corn: Run under cold water to quickly thaw and drain well.
- Frozen yellow sweet corn: Feel free to use fresh sweet corn if you prefer. You'll need about 2.5 cups. You can also grill the corn for more flavor. Then remove from the cob and use it for the salsa.
- Red onion: You can use yellow onion for a more mild onion flavor if you prefer.
Serving: 1/4 cup | Calories: 54kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Sodium: 197mg | Potassium: 47mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g