Egg White Bites
Make Starbucks red pepper egg white bites with this simple recipe! They're creamy and taste just like sous vide egg bites, but they're made in the Instant Pot!
Servings: 14 egg bites
- 1 cup egg whites
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup diced jarred roasted red pepper
- ⅓ cup finely chopped spinach
- 2 green onions, sliced (white part)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- drop of hot sauce
Add egg whites, eggs and cottage cheese to a blender. Blend until smooth. You can skip this step but blending the cottage cheese really helps makes the egg bites extra creamy.
Pour into a mixing bowl and add shredded Monterey jack cheese, feta cheese, roasted red pepper, spinach, green onions, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
Pour egg mixture into silicone egg bite molds, fill about each cup ⅔ of the way full while making sure that some of the mix-ins get into each cup. You should get 14 bites. Cover molds with lid.
Arrange egg bite molds on top of a trivet and make sure that they're aligned at an angle (or staggered) so that the molds don't line up perfectly. This prevents the lids from caving in and causing the bites to be a funny shape.
Add 1 cup of water to the base of you Instant Pot/pressure cooker. Place trivet with egg bite molds into the Instant Pot and pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. Manually release the pressure and carefully remove the bites from your Instant Pot.
- Vegetables – feel free to switch up the vegetables! I love them as is but I really want to try this recipe with roasted broccoli or roasted sweet potatoes as well.
- Meat – you can add meat if you want an added protein boost! Try breakfast sausage, turkey bacon or crumbled tempeh bacon. Start with 1/4 cup!
- Full eggs – want to use full eggs? Go right ahead! Swap 1 cup of egg whites for 6 full eggs.
Serving: 1egg bite | Calories: 59kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 196mg | Potassium: 66mg | Sugar: 1g