Classic Broccoli Salad
This broccoli salad is loaded with raisins, sunflower seeds and bacon and topped with a creamy Greek yogurt dressing.
Servings: 5 cups
- 5 cups chopped broccoli florets about 2 large heads
- 3 slices of cooked bacon pork or turkey bacon work
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup diced red onion
- ¾ cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon water
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- sprinkle of garlic powder
If you haven't done so already, cook the bacon according to the package instructions. I like cooking it in the oven, but you can also cook it in a skillet on the stovetop or in the microwave.
In a small bowl whisk together yogurt, apple cider vinegar, honey, water, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Add broccoli, sunflower seeds, raisins, red onion and bacon to the bowl and toss. Drizzle on dressing and toss until everything is coated.
Cover container and chill in the fridge. Let sit for at least 3-4 hours before serving. Overnight works great too as this salad tastes better after it has had time to sit.
- Cook bacon in the oven: Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, then place the bacon on the baking sheet. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until bacon is cooked through and crisp. Remove bacon from the baking sheet using a fork or tongs and place on a plate lined with multiple paper towels to soak up the bacon grease.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 118mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g