This healthy turkey chili is made with kidney and black beans, corn, tomatoes and a blend of spices. It's the perfect meal to serve for game day or as an easy dinner!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 1 (28 oz) can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups frozen sweet corn
- 2 ½ Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ -½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Toppings of choice: avocado sour cream (or yogurt), shredded cheese, cilantro, etc.
Heat the oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Once oil is hot add onion and garlic to the pot and cook, stirring frequently until mixture is fragrant and onion is a bit translucent. Add turkey, salt and pepper to the pot and cook, breaking apart meat with a spatula until evenly brown and cooked through.
Add stock to the pot. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, corn, chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper. Bring chili to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve chili warm with toppings of choice. Some ideas include avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro, etc.
Instant Pot instructions:
- Add oil to Instant Pot and put on sauté setting. Add onion and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes, until fragrant. Add turkey, salt and pepper to the pot and cook, breaking apart meat with a spatula until evenly brown and cooked through.
- Press cancel on the Instant Pot and add stock, tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, corn, chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper. Place the lid on the pressure cooker, lock lid and make sure the pressure release valve is closed.
- Then press the soup/stew button or "pressure cook" and set time to 15 minutes.
- Once the timer reaches 0, the cooker will switch to keep warm. Carefully switch the pressure release valve to open to manually release the pressure. (I use tongs for this).
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 488kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 1502mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 12g