Greens and Grains Bowl
Dinner doesn't get much simpler than this greens and grains bowl. Made with kale, carrots, mushrooms and quick cooking rice for an easy meal that takes only 20 minutes.
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- ½ red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 4 oz fresh mushrooms chopped (I used maitake)
- 12 oz bag chopped kale about 6 cups
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 8.5 oz package of pouched rice I used Spanish style*
- crushed red pepper or sriracha for serving
Add oil to a large skillet. Add onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent and fragrant.
Add the carrots and mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes. Add coconut aminos and toss.
Add kale to the skillet in batches until it wilts down. Add in rice and toss together, until it’s warm throughout, about 3-4 minutes. Taste, season with salt and pepper if needed and serve. I like it with sriracha.
- I used the Seeds of Change Spanish style pouched rice, but you can use whatever pouched rice you have on hand. I'm sure other flavors would be great.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Sodium: 447mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g