This delicious Middle Eastern fattoush salad combines fresh veggies and herbs with crispy pita chips and a sumac dressing. Great as an appetizer or served with protein for a full meal.
- 2 cups mini or Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup radishes thinly sliced
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup mint chopped
- 16 baked pita chips*
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Make pita chips: Prep and bake pita chips according to the linked recipe. Let cool.
Make dressing: In a bowl whisk together garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, sumac, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Assemble salad: In a large bowl toss together cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, romaine, parsley and mint with the lemon dressing. Break pita chips into pieces and add half into the bowl with the salad. Toss.
Serve: Plate salad and top each portion with extra broken pita pieces. Serve immediately.
- Make the full batch of pita chips and you'll have about 8 extra pita chips to snack on later.
- Feta is totally optional, but it makes a delicious topping for this salad as well!
Serving: 1/6 of recipe | Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g