Crunchy Asian Chopped Salad
This Asian chopped salad is loaded with fresh veggies and tossed with a creamy almond dressing. You'll love the crunch and flavor! Dairy-free, gluten-free and low-carb.
- 3 cups chopped/shredded napa cabbage or romaine lettuce
- 5 cups chopped/shredded purple cabbage
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2-3 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- chili almond dressing
Combine ingredients: Toss cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, green onions, cilantro and shredded chicken in a large salad bowl or the salad chopper bowl.
Add dressing: Toss with dressing to taste.
Serve: Portion salad on a plate. Top with sliced avocado and chopped almonds.
- Napa Cabbage: A crunchy lettuce like romaine would work as a good substitute.
- Vegetarian: You can omit the chicken for a vegetarian salad and add in some chickpeas, tempeh, or tofu for added protein.
- Red pepper: Not a fan of red bell peppers or don't have any on hand? Feel free to use green or yellow instead.
- Cheese: If you're looking to add in some cheese to this salad I think feta would work well.
- Dressing: I love the chili almond dressing I created for this salad but any dressing would work if you’re in a pinch. Some options: creamy balsamic dressing, cilantro lime dressing or peanut dressing.
Serving: 1portion of salad with 1/4 cup of dressing | Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 31g | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 10g