Easy Overnight Oats
Here's how to make perfect overnight oats with an easy base recipe, proper ratio, and fun flavor variations. They're such an easy grab-and-go breakfast and perfect for meal prep.
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup milk I like unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup plain yogurt or ¼ cup more milk I like using Greek yogurt
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey or your preferred sweetener
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds optional
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- pinch of sea salt
- toppings of choice: fruit nut butter, nuts, seeds, etc.
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- ¼ cup fresh berries I like sliced strawberries and blueberries best
Add oats, milk, yogurt, maple syrup, chia seeds, vanilla and sea salt into a jar or storage container with a lid. Stir ingredients together. Place in the fridge overnight. If you're in a rush you can shorten the soak time to 2-4 hours.
The next morning (or when ready to eat), remove lid and give oats a big stir. If they seem too thick you can add a little more milk to loosen the mixture. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy. You can eat the oats straight from the jar or pour into a bowl for serving.
Overnight oats should last up to 5 days in the fridge in a sealed airtight container.
Serving: 1serving w/o toppings | Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 257mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g