Protein Cookie Dough
Edible cookie dough that tastes absolutely delicious! You'd never guess that it's made with chickpeas. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup vanilla plant-based protein powder
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter or cashew butter
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅙ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
Add chickpeas to a large food processor and process until they start to smooth out. You may need to use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides.
Add protein powder, almond butter, coconut sugar, vanilla, sea salt and process until a ball of dough forms.
Use a rubber spatula to separate the cookie dough a bit, add chocolate chips and pulse 2-3 times or until chocolate chips get dispersed in the cookie dough.
Remove cookie dough from the processor and enjoy!
Store any leftover dough in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- Chickpeas – You can try using white beans or if you want to skip the beans all together, I have a recipe for vegan cookie dough bars that are just as delicious and they're chickpea free.
- Protein powder – If you don’t have vanilla protein powder on hand, you can use oat flour instead, but you’ll likely need more sugar to sweeten up the cookie dough.
- Coconut sugar – You can use cane sugar or brown sugar instead.
Serving: 1/4 cup | Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g