Cauliflower Fried Rice
This vegetarian cauliflower fried rice has the texture and flavor you crave from traditional fried rice, but it’s loaded with veggies, high in fiber and low in carbs. Serve with your favorite protein for a nourishing, paleo-friendly meal.
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil divided
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower florets*
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup fire roasted corn
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- sesame seeds and sriracha for serving
Add cauliflower to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until broken into rice-size pieces.
Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in 1 tablespoon avocado oil, onion, garlic and ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper. Stir while cooking for about 1 minute.
Add cauliflower and salt to the wok and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Season with ground pepper, to taste. Remove to a bowl.
Place the wok back over high heat and add 1 tablespoon avocado oil, sesame oil, broccoli, carrots and corn. Cook, stirring until broccoli is cooked through but still has a crunch, about 3-4 minutes.
Add cauliflower rice back into the wok with the veggies. Add tamari and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds just before plating and serving.
- You can buy pre-chopped cauliflower rice if you don’t own a food processor. This also helps reduce clean up time.
- If you want to add a protein to this, I recommend adding shrimp. Simply cook the shrimp in a separate pan with al little oil, salt and pepper and serve it over the cauliflower fried rice for a full meal.
Serving: 1/2 of recipe | Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 608mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g