Tempeh Taco Salad Meal Prep Bowls
These tempeh taco salad meal prep bowls are an easy on-the-go option for lunch or quick dinner. The combo of protein-packed tempeh taco meat, black beans and veggies makes for a delicious and satisfying plant-based meal. Vegan and gluten-free.
Servings: 3 bowls
Tempeh Taco Meat
- 8 oz package of Lightlife tempeh any variety
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder garlic powder, paprika, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon water
Meal Prep Bowls
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup cooked black beans
- 1 lime segmented into three pieces
- 1 avocado sliced
- fresh salsa hot sauce and tortilla chips for serving
Take tempeh out of the package and use your hands to crumble it into a bowl. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Once hot add crumbled tempeh and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add spices, tomato sauce and water into the skillet and toss to combine. Cook for another 3-4 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Remove tempeh from stove and let cool.
While tempeh is cooking toss together the tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and sea salt in a small bowl.
Grab three meal prep containers and add the following ingredients to each: 2 cups romaine lettuce, 1/3 of the tomato and onion mixture, 1/2 cup tempeh, 1/4 cup black beans, one lime slice. You can add the avocado at this time, but it will likely turn brown so I recommend adding it right before you enjoy the bowl.
Serve salad bowls with fresh salsa and hot sauce as the dressing and tortillas chips on the side.
Serving: 1bowl (without chips) | Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 16g | Fiber: 21g | Sugar: 7g