Almond Butter Espresso Cookies
These almond butter espresso cookies are the perfect combination of crunchy and chewy. They're super easy to whip up and require only six ingredients and one bowl. Plus, they're flourless, vegan and gluten-free!
- ¾ cup creamy almond butter
- ¾ cup organic sugar
- 1 Tablespoon finely ground espresso
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg or regular egg
Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat baking mat.
Make flaxseed egg by combining 1 Tablespoon ground flax with 3 Tablespoons of water in a small bowl. While the flaxseed egg gels up, use a large bowl to mix together the almond butter, sugar. Add flax egg, espresso, baking soda and vanilla and mix until combined.
Use a cookie scoop or spoon to place about 1 Tablespoon of cookie dough on baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Cookies will spread!
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on pan for 3-5 minutes on the cookie sheet before gently transferring cookies from sheet to a cooling rack with a spatula.
They will harden up while cooling. Once completely cool you can transfer them to a storage container.
- Almond butter – I'm assuming you can swap with any nut or seed butter, but I've only tested the recipe with almond butter. If you try a different nut butter, let me know in the comments.
- Flaxseed egg – if these cookies don't need to be vegan you can use a regular egg in place of the flaxseed egg if you'd like.
- Sugar – as a sub to regular sugar you can use coconut sugar instead. I wouldn't swap it with a liquid sweetener like maple syrup or honey.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 89kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 49mg | Potassium: 83mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g