Roasted Root Vegetables
These caramelized roasted root vegetables with sweet potatoes, carrots and parsnips are such an easy and healthy side dish. Great for the holidays or everyday meals.
Prep Time15 minutes mins
Cook Time50 minutes mins
Total Time50 minutes mins
Keyword: roasted root vegetables
Servings: 8 cups
- 2 Tablespoons avocado or melted coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes chopped into chunks
- 1 pound carrots or parsnips peeled, cut into 3/4 inch thick rounds (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium red onion peeled, and cut into 1/2 inch thick wedges
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Stir the oil and oregano in a large bowl. Add sweet potatoes, carrots (or parsnips) and onion. Toss to coat veggies. Sprinkle vegetables generously with sea salt and pepper and spread on a baking sheet.
Make sure the veggies are in one layer so they roast instead of steam. Roast veggies until tender, about 50 minutes. Remove from the oven half-way through cooking to toss veggies.
This dish can be made up to 4 hours ahead. Let it stand at room temperature. If desired, rewarm in 350ºF oven for about 15 minutes, or serve at room temperature.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g