Maple Pecan Baked Oatmeal
This Maple Pecan Baked Oatmeal is filled with wholesome oats, studded with chopped pecans and lightly sweetened with pure maple syrup. Fancy enough to serve for brunch, but awesome as a make-ahead breakfast for the week as well.
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped and divided
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large egg or 1 Tablespoon flaxseed
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas sliced
- cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray an 8x8 inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
Mix dry ingredients: In a large bowl, mix together the oats, half the pecans, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
Add in wet ingredients: Add in the milk, maple syrup, egg, coconut oil, vanilla and bananas. Stir well to combine.
Carefully pour oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Scatter the remaining pecans across the top.
Bake: Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the top is nicely golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Portion and serve. Drizzle each portion with maple syrup if you want it a bit sweeter.
- For storage: store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 4-6 days.
- To reheat: To reheat the whole baked oatmeal, cover with foil and reheat in a 350°F oven for about 20 minutes. For individual portions, set oven (or toaster oven) to 350°F and bake for 5-10 minutes or reheat in the microwave for 1 minute.
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 581mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 21g