This eggplant curry combines fresh zucchini and eggplant in a creamy tomato sauce that's packed with Indian spices. It's flavorful, vegan, gluten-free and comes together quickly in the slow cooker.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time5 hrs
Total Time5 hrs 15 mins
Keyword: eggplant curry
- 4 cups chopped eggplant peeled, if desired
- 4 cups chopped zucchini or more eggplant
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 15 oz can coconut milk
- ¼ cup vegetable broth optional
- chopped fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish
Add onion, garlic eggplant, zucchini, spices, tomato paste and coconut milk to your slow cooker. Stir everything together. At this point if the mixture seems too thick you can add in a little vegetable broth.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro. Serve warm with rice and naan.
- Recipe adapted from Love & Flour.
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 677mg | Potassium: 1140mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 16g