Tofu Cabbage Noodle Bowl
Quick and easy tofu cabbage noodle bowl with lots of veggies and cabbage noodles. This meal takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. It's tasty, vegan and gluten-free!
- ¼ vegetable broth
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon low sodium tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic 2-3 large cloves
- ½ Tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 16 ounces extra firm tofu drained and pressed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil divided or avocado oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli chopped into bite-size florets
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium green cabbage thinly sliced (about 1/2 pound, 5 cups chopped)
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Sambal or sriracha optional
- Toppings: sesame seeds, cilantro and/or green onion optional
In a small bowl combine the vegetable broth, tamari, hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil. Set aside.
Cut the pressed and drained tofu into small cubes, about ¼-inch.
Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a large wok or skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the tofu and stir-fry until golden on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, toss again and transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining olive oil to the same skillet. Add the broccoli, bell pepper and carrots for 2-3 minutes, or until they begin to soften. Then add the cabbage. Stir-fry for 1 minute, add salt and pepper to taste, and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
Return the tofu to the skillet. Add the sauce and stir-fry for another minute. It’s okay if there’s still a little liquid in the pan. Remove from the heat and serve.
Serving: 1/3 of recipe | Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 971mg | Potassium: 1248mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 14g