Quinoa Chickpea Salad
This healthy quinoa chickpea salad is loaded with veggies and makes a light and delicious lunch option that can be made ahead of time for easy lunches throughout the week. Great for meal prep!
Prep Time20 minutes mins
Total Time20 minutes mins
Servings: 5 cups
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red or yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon red wine or white balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 Tablespoons feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Combine ingredients: Combine all ingredients in a big bowl. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
Serve: Serve over your favorite leafy greens and top with an extra drizzle of more oil and vinegar.
- Chickpeas – I used canned chickpeas because they’re super easy to use! If you don’t like chickpeas you can substitute for another white bean like cannellini beans or Northern beans.
- Tomatoes – You can use grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes or a mixture!
- Cheese – Use vegan feta cheese to make this salad dairy-free or vegan. You can also use crumbled goat cheese if you're not a fan of feta cheese or don't have it on hand.
- Avocado – Want to add a little creaminess and healthy fats to your salad? Add in some chopped avocado!
- Dressing – I love the simple dressing I created with this salad but any vinaigrette would work if you're in a pinch. Some options: Greek salad dressing, white balsamic vinaigrette or lemon vinaigrette.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 469mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g