Easy Cucumber Tomato Salad
A fresh and simple cucumber and tomato salad for summer with red onion, red wine vinegar and Italian seasoning. Refreshing, delicious and super easy to toss together.
- 1 large cucumber peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 to matoes halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion peeled and sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of raw sugar
Place cucumber, tomatoes, onions and garlic into a bowl. Toss with olive oil, red wine vinegar, Italian seasoning, pepper, salt and sugar.
Let stand for a bit at room temperature or in the fridge, about 15-30 minutes before stirring and serving. As the salad sits, liquid will accumulate. You can serve the salad with a slotted spoon to avoid the extra liquid. Another option is to use the extra liquid as a dressing when serving the salad over greens or to soak up the liquid with slices of crusty bread.
- Having fresh veggies really makes a huge difference so if possible grab the ingredients for this salad from your local produce stand, farmers market or garden.
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g