Roasted Cauliflower Lentil Salad
This roasted cauliflower and lentil salad with tahini dressing is nutritious, filling, and works great as a light lunch or dinner. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 cup dry black belgua lentils, rinsed
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into 1-2 inch florets
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of cayenne
- sea salt & ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- juice from 2 lemons about 3-4 Tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 10 medjool dates pitted and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion chopped
- 4 cups loosely packed spinach
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a saucepan, combine the lentils with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well and let cool.
Place cauliflower, oil and spices (cumin, cinnamon, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper) into a large bowl and toss. Spread mixture on a large baking sheet or stone and roast for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower has browned and become tender. Be sure to toss the cauliflower at least once while roasting.
In a bowl, whisk the tahini with the lemon juice, maple syrup, and 2 Tablespoons of water until smooth. Add the lentils and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Add roasted cauliflower into the bowl. Then add your dates, red onion and spinach. Toss the salad a bit, plate and serve.
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 188mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 45g