Clean Food Autumn Harvest Soup
A delicious and hearty autumn harvest soup with shiitake mushrooms, kale and white beans. The broth has extra flavor from tamari and toasted sesame oil. Vegan + gluten-free.
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 carrots diced
- 4 cups chopped kale or collard greens
- 2 cups cooked cannellini beans
- ¼ cup mirin
- Splash of tamari
- Splash of apple cider vinegar
- 4 –5 dashes toasted sesame oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place dried mushrooms in medium pot with 6 cups water. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
When mushrooms are soft, remove from broth and cut off and discard stems. Dice caps and place back in pot with broth.
In large pot over medium heat, sauté onion, garlic and ginger in oil 3 minutes. Add carrots and sauté 3 minutes. Add kale or collard greens, beans and mirin and sauté until greens are deep green and tender.
Pour broth and mushrooms into pot with kale, add tamari and vinegar and simmer 5–7 minutes.
Season to taste with toasted sesame oil and black pepper and serve.
- Recipe from Clean Food, Revised Edition
Serving: 1/6 of recipe | Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 287mg | Potassium: 799mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g