Lima Bean Hummus
A new twist on an old classic, this lima bean hummus is creamy, sweet and super easy to make!
- 12 oz bag of frozen lima beans about 2 cups
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 medium cloves garlic sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid or water more or less to thin dip as desired
Cook lima beans according to package directions, drain and reserve 1/4-1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
In a food processor, combine all ingredients except cooking liquid or water.
Purée until smooth, gradually adding liquid as desired to thin dip and scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- If you're cooking lima beans from scratch, you'll want to cook 3/4 cup dry lima beans, which should give you about 2 cups.
Serving: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 303mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g