Roasted Zucchini and Squash
The perfect summer side dish, this roasted zucchini and squash recipe is healthy, easy to make and so flavorful. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 2 small/medium yellow summer squash chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 2 small/medium zucchini chopped into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup red onion roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place squash, zucchini, onion, garlic and oil in a large bowl. Toss until the veggies are coated. Liberally sprinkle on salt and pepper and toss once more.
Spread mixture out on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, tossing once around the 15 minute mark. Remove from oven and serve warm with protein of your choice.
Serving: 1/3 recipe | Calories: 103kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 60mg | Potassium: 737mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g