Tempeh and Sweet Potato Collard Wraps
A delicious tempeh collard wrap with hummus, slices of baked sweet potato, green pepper, red onion and cranberries.
- 2 collard green leaves washed and dried
- 6 oz tempeh chopped into ¼ inch slices
- 2-3 Tablespoons hummus
- 1 small baked sweet potato sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- ½ green bell pepper sliced
- ⅛ red onion chopped
- ⅛ cup dried cranberries
- pinch of ground pepper and sea salt optional
De-stem your collard leaves. I use a paring knife to shave down the stem rather than cutting it out completely.
Heat non-stick skillet on medium heat and place tempeh slices onto pan. Let cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, or until it's starting to brown a little. You don't really have to cook tempeh as it's safe to eat straight from the package but I like to warm it up a bit.
Place the collard leaves on a flat surface, spread 1.5 Tablespoons of hummus near the top/middle of each leaf, fill each leaf with half of the remaining ingredients and wrap up like a burrito.
Cut each wrap in half and enjoy.
- Your sweet potato needs to be baked beforehand and cool enough to slice into chunks. Follow my baked sweet potato instructions for how to bake it.
- I haven't had any trouble wrapping these, however if your collards seem hard to wrap you can steam them for 20-30 seconds by laying them on the same pan you use to heat the tempeh while it's warm.
Serving: 1 recipe | Calories: 518kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 244mg | Potassium: 781mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 20g