A quick and easy vinegar-based coleslaw with shredded cabbage and carrots. It's flavorful, mayo-free and packed with nutrients.
Servings: 5 cups
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
Toss: In a large bowl toss together shredded cabbage and carrots.
Make dressing: Combine vinegar, maple syrup, dry mustard, celery seed, salt and ground pepper in a small bowl.
Mix ingredients: Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
Serve: Let mixture sit for at least 10 minutes in the fridge, stir and serve.
- Cabbage – I used green cabbage, but feel free to use a mix of green and red. Red is so colorful and pretty!
- Meal prep – This recipe can be made ahead of time and will taste better after having a little time to marinate.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 49kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 147mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g