Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
These healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are made with whole wheat flour, coconut sugar and coconut oil and applesauce instead of butter. They're soft, chewy, absolutely delicious and super easy to whip up.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Course: Cookies, Dessert
Keyword: healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl stir together dry ingredients: flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together wet ingredients: egg, coconut oil, applesauce, coconut sugar and vanilla extract.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
Gently fold in chocolate chips.
Using a cookie scoop or Tablespoon drop dough balls onto prepared cookie sheet. Press cookie dough down into a cookie shape with a spoon or your fingers.
Bake for 9-10 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges.
Let cookies cool slightly and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
- Flour: If you don't have whole wheat pastry flour on hand, you can use all-purpose flour or a blend of all-purpose and regular whole wheat flour. I haven't tried these cookies with a gluten-free flour, but I bet a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour would work as a substitute. My favorite gluten-free flour is Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free 1:1 all-purpose flour.
- Rolled oats: If you're in a pinch, quick oats will work just fine.
- Egg: I haven't tested these cookies with a vegan substitute like a flax egg, so if you end up trying it let me know in the comments below!
- Coconut oil: Melted butter or any neutral oil like olive oil or avocado oil will work as a substitute.
- Applesauce: Mashed bananas or yogurt should work just fine as a substitute, but it might change the overall flavor of these cookies.
- Coconut sugar: If you don't have coconut sugar on hand regular granulated sugar should work just fine!
Serving: 1 cookie | Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 173mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g