Whipped Feta Dip
Published Dec 14, 2022, Updated Oct 03, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This whipped feta dip with honey and Greek yogurt is creamy, rich and the perfect combo of sweet and salty. It comes together in just 10 minutes with only 4 main ingredients and is delicious serve as appetizer with pita.
Calling all Mediterranean food lovers! I’ve got a real treat for you today… a delicious, creamy and flavorful whipped feta dip that’s both sweet and salty.
This easy whipped feta recipe is the perfect snack for game day or an appetizer for a dinner party! I love serving it with warm pita bread, but it’s also delicious served alongside fresh vegetables and pita chips or used as a spread on sandwiches and wraps.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The combo of salty feta and sweet honey = chef’s kiss!
- Super easy to whip up… all you need is 10 minutes and 4 main ingredients!
- It’s made healthier with Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise, sour cream or cream cheese.
- It’s the perfect appetizer to serve a crowd!
- feta cheese – the star of the show! The feta is what gives this dip its rich, salty flavor and creamy texture. The tangy and salty flavor complements the other ingredients in the dip and helps to create a unique flavor. The creamy texture of feta helps to create a smooth, spreadable dip. For the best results, opt for a high-quality block of feta sold in a brine. Look for feta that is made in Greece and only contains sheep’s milk (and maybe some goat’s milk).
- greek yogurt – instead of mayo, cream cheese or sour cream as used in some other feta dips, we’re using Greek yogurt. When blended with the feta cheese, the Greek yogurt helps to make this dip more spreadable and it also adds a healthy dose of protein and calcium.
- honey – we’re adding a well of honey to the feta dip for serving, which adds a subtle sweetness, helping to balance out the salty flavors. It also adds a hint of floral flavor that pairs nicely with the tangy feta cheese.
- fresh basil – I love adding fresh herbs to my recipes whenever possible and I find that basil pairs perfectly with this feta dip. It also adds a pop of color for serving.
- black pepper – optional, but a crack of fresh black pepper adds depth and some spice to this dip!
- pita bread – feel free to serve this dip with whatever you please or use it as a spread, but I love serving this dip alongside warm pita bread.
How to Serve
This dip couldn’t be any easier to make! Just add the feta and Greek yogurt to your food processor and blend on high until smooth and creamy. This will take about 4-5 minutes. You might have to stop a few times throughout to scrape the sides down.
Scoop the whipped feta into a shallow bowl or into a small plate. Using a spoon, create a small well in the center of the dip. Add honey to the well and garnish with a sprinkle of fresh basil and crack of pepper.
Serve immediately with warm pita bread.
Whipped Feta Variations
- Spice it up: Add a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes or diced jalapeño for a spicy variation.
- Fresh herbs: Add more fresh herbs to amp up the flavor with fresh rosemary, parsley, chives or dill.
- Garlic: Blend in chopped garlic with the feta and Greek yogurt for a garlic version. Roasted garlic would also be delicious.
- Lemon: Add some lemon juice and/or lemon zest for some brightness to this dip.
- Roasted red pepper: Add a smoky sweetness to this dip by blending in some roasted red peppers. Sun-dried tomatoes would also be a nice option.
- Topping ideas: Some other topping ideas that would pair nicely with this feta dip are capers, kalamata olives, chopped pistachios, pine nuts, almonds or a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
What to Serve With Whipped Feta
- Pita bread – a classic pairing with whipped feta dip! Homemade pita or store-bought, warmed pita are both great options. The pita bread helps to scoop up the dip, making it easier to enjoy.
- Pita chips – if you don’t have pita bread, pita chips are the next best option!
- Crackers – try my almond flour crackers or use store-bought. I love Simple Mills crackers for store-bought.
- Falafel – the perfect dip for baked falafel!
- Fresh veggies – this dip is also delicious served with fresh veggies. My go-to choices would be carrots or cucumbers as they’ll be easier to dip. It’s also a great addition to any mezze platter!
- Beet chips – the sweet flavor of dehydrated beet slices paired with this tangy dip make for an excellent combination.
How to Store Whipped Feta Dip
This whipped feta dip stores really well in the fridge so I always love making a batch over the weekend to have on hand for snacks or meals throughout the week. Store any leftover feta dip in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-7 days. Just note, that the honey will sink to the bottom as it sits, so you’ll want to give your dip a stir before serving again.
More Dips and Spreads
- Creamy Hummus
- Lima Bean Hummus
- Everything Bagel Dip
- Healthy 7-Layer Dip
- Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Easy Guacamole
- Yogurt Fruit Dip
- Almond Pesto Dip
- Cowboy Caviar
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Smoked Salmon Dip
- Beet Hummus
- Sweet Potato Hummus
- Whipped Cottage Cheese
- Hot Honey Whipped Cottage Cheese
Whipped Feta Dip
- 8 oz feta cheese block, broken into smaller chunks
- ¾ cup plain full fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, for serving
- Crack of pepper, for serving
- Pita bread, for serving
- Add feta chunks and Greek yogurt to your food processor.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy (about 4-5 minutes). You might have to stop a few times throughout to scrape the sides down.
- Scoop whipped feta into a shallow bowl or on a small plate. Using a spoon, create a small well in the center of the cheese. Add honey to well and garnish with fresh basil and crack of pepper.
- Serve immediately with warm pita bread.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.