This traditional watergate salad uses organic ingredients and aspartame-free jello for a healthier twist on this classic, fluffy dessert. Gluten-free, vegan option.
- 1 – 20 oz. can organic crushed pineapple in juice (undrained)
- 1 box (4-serving) of Jello brand Instant pistachio pudding
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows (vegan, if needed)
- 2 cups thawed TruWhip or CocoWhip
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Combine dry pudding mix, pineapple, marshmallows and walnuts in a large bowl.
- Add whipped cream and combine until well mixed.
- Cover and put the fridge for about an hour before serving. I get excited and eat some when I first make it, but the marshmallows get soft and fluffy if you let it sit in the fridge first. Leftovers store well in the fridge — that is, if there is any left.
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 295
- Sugar: 36g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g