These pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are healthy, vegan, gluten-free. Perfect for satisfying your pumpkin cravings!
- 1 cup spelt, whole wheat pastry or all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup coconut sugar or sucanat
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Stir together dry ingredients (flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt, nutmeg) in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together wet ingredients (pumpkin, sugar, coconut oil, flaxseed and vanilla) in a separate mixing bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Stir in 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Press cookie dough down into a cookie shape with a spoon or your fingers. Cookies won’t spread very much so you can space them about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes.
- Move cookies to a wire rack and cool completely before eating or transferring to a storage container for later consumption.
- Use all-purpose gluten-free flour to make these gluten-free.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 91
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 76mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: pumpkin cookiea