Healthy, protein-packed vegan mushroom stroganoff made with savory mushrooms, lentil pasta and a creamy coconut milk sauce.
- 1 box 8 oz Barilla Lentil Rotini Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 oz fancy mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium tamari (or low sodium soy sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Add olive oil into a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Once hot, add onions and garlic to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant, add mushrooms and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Add nutritional yeast and stir.
- Add broth, coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, tamari and ground pepper.
- Stir and add uncooked pasta. Cover pot and increase the heat to medium-high so the liquid is bubbling. Let cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until the liquid is creamy and pasta is cooked.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh parsley and extra sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: one pot
- Cuisine: vegan
- Serving Size: 1/4 or recipe
- Calories: 566
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 296mg
- Fat: 33g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 19g
Keywords: mushroom stroganoff