Use up leftover eggnog with this recipe for eggnog overnight oats — an easy and healthy holiday inspired breakfast.
- Combine oats, eggnog, protein powder (if using), chia seeds and cinnamon in small container, seal with a lid and place in the fridge overnight.
- You’ll notice that the protein powder, oats and chia seeds soak up a lot of the liquid so you may want to add a little more eggnog or milk to thin it out a bit before serving.
- Top oats with pomegranate arils and a sprinkle of freshly grated nutmeg and enjoy. Traditionally overnight oats are served cold, but you can certainly heat them up if you’d like.
- For the eggnog, you can use whatever type of eggnog you have on hand. I’ve made it with homemade dairy-free eggnog and store-bought vegan coconut milk eggnog.
- I like adding vanilla protein powder for a little extra protein. If you don’t do protein powder you can leave this out or add in 1/4 cup yogurt for extra protein.
- No eggnog? No problem. Just use 3/4 cup of almond milk and add in 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon rum extract (optional).
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 with coconut milk eggnog
- Calories: 358
- Sugar: 26g
- Sodium: 173mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: eggnog overnight oats