Flavored with traditional curry spices and coconut milk, this vegan curried sweet potato soup is so rich and creamy you won’t miss the dairy.
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil, coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped (about 6 cups chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (15 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 (32 oz) container of vegetable broth
- Chipotle, Onion & Garlic Hemp Heart Toppers or Maple & Cinnamon Hemp Heart Toppers
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic to the pot and sauté until fragrant and soft, about 7 minutes. Stir frequently so that onions and garlic don’t burn.
- Add chopped sweet potatoes and spices and toss to combine.
- Add coconut milk and vegetable broth to the pot and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Use an immersion blender to blend soup until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender you can use a blender. Just blend in batches and be careful because the soup will be very hot!
- The soup will be thick and creamy. Serve in a bowl with a generous sprinkle of Hemp Heart Toppers.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 377
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 6g