Comforting and filling vegan curried pumpkin soup made with coconut milk and cannellini beans. The beans give this pumpkin soup a nice, thick texture and add a little protein! You can make the soup in your slow cooker or on the stovetop!
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 (15oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed*
- 2 (15 oz) cans pumpkin (or 3 1/2 cups pumpkin puree)
- 1 (15 oz) can coconut milk (regular or light)
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon garam masala
- 1/2 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- toppings: extra salt and pepper, roasted pumpkin seeds, coconut milk yogurt and fresh thyme
- To make in a slow cooker: Heat oil in a skillet (or the base of your slow cooker if your slow cooker allows for sautéing) over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent and fragrant.
- Place cooked onion and garlic along with all the other ingredients into your slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cook soup on low for 4-6 hours. Use an immersion blender to blend until the soup is smooth. Serve warm.
- To make on the stove top: cook the onions and garlic in a large pot, add all remaining ingredients into the pot. Bring the soup to a boil and then simmer for 20-30 minutes. Turn off heat, use a blender or immersion blender to blend the soup and serve warm.
- Serve with toppings of choice.
- Cannellini beans are also called white kidney beans. If you can’t find them navy beans also work.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender you can blend the soup in a regular blender doing small batches at a time. Just be super careful as the soup will be hot and can splash out of the blender.
- Inspired by Kath’s Creamy Curry Butternut Soup
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 236
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 990mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan curried pumpkin soup, curried pumpkin soup