A delicious banana split breakfast made with dairy-free yogurt, caramelized bananas, fresh berries, cacao nibs and grain-free granola.
- 2 bananas
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 5.3 oz containers Silk Almondmilk Yogurt Alternative (plain or vanilla)
- 1 Tablespoon cacao nibs
- 2 teaspoons drippy almond butter
- 1/4 cup grain-free granola
- Peel bananas and cut each down the center with a knife.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray liberally with coconut oil cooking spray. Add banana halves, split side down and let cook for 1-2 minutes, until the bottom is a little brown and the banana has softened a bit. Use a spatula to remove banana slices from the skillet, place on a plate to cool and sprinkle with a little cinnamon. (This step is optional. See note)
- While bananas are cooling, wash berries and slice strawberries.
- Grab two bowls and add two banana halves to each. I criss-crossed mine, but you can arrange them any way you like.
- Add 1 container of almondmilk yogurt into each bowl, allowing yogurt to cover most of the banana slices. Add fresh berries, cacao nibs and grain-free granola. Drizzle a little almond butter over each and serve.
If it’s a busy morning and you don’t have time to sauté the bananas simply skip this step.
- Calories: 478
- Sugar: 32g
- Sodium: 20mg
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 14g
- Cholesterol: 0