Use zucchini noodles instead of pasta for a low-cal, low-carb turkey marinara pasta dish. With only five ingredients and about 15 minutes of prep time, this is a fast, healthy and easy meal you can make any night of the week.
- 2–3 medium zucchini
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1 – 2 cups pasta sauce (organic, no sugar added)
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- salt + pepper
- crushed red pepper and fresh oregano (optional)
- Make noodles out of the zucchini using a spiralizer , divide into four bowls.
- Cook turkey in a non-stick skillet over medium heat until brown and fully cooked. Season with ground pepper and sea salt while cooking. Add baby spinach and marinara to the skillet and give it a good stir. Heat for a few minutes, until spinach has wilted and sauce is hot.
- Top each bowl of zucchini noodles with a portion the turkey marinara, sprinkle on a little goat cheese, crushed red pepper and fresh oregano (if using). Enjoy!
To keep this recipe really simple I used a jar of organic, no-sugar added pasta sauce from Whole Foods. If you have the time feel free to whip up a batch of homemade pasta sauce. I love this one from Edible Perspective.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 24g