Tropical overnight oats are a healthy, portable breakfast with a taste of the tropics. Enjoy the unique combo of oats with creamy banana, sweet pineapple, delicious mango and toasted coconut.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (I used Greek, but you could use almond or coconut for a non dairy option)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh pineapple, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh mango, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut (toasted* or raw)
- Add oats, almond milk, yogurt, mashed banana, 1/4 cup pineapple, 1/4 cup mango, chia seeds and vanilla into a bowl. Stir well to combine. Cover container with a lid or plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.
- Take the container out of the fridge the next morning and stir the mixture. You’ll notice that the oats and chia seeds soak up a lot of the liquid so you may want to add a little more almond milk before serving. Portion overnight oats into two bowls, top each with remaining pineapple and mango chunks and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of coconut. Enjoy!
*I toasted my coconut flakes to give them a golden color and extra crunch, but if you don’t have time for toasting, that’s totally fine. Regular shredded coconut or coconut flakes work too!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Soaking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 344
- Sugar: 20g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 61g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: tropical overnight oats