Tropical Green Smoothie
Published Jun 24, 2020, Updated Jun 07, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This tropical green smoothie is loaded with banana, mango, coconut, spinach, protein powder and chia seeds. It’s the perfect healthy smoothie for summer!
I remember when people first started making green smoothies back in 2010-2011. People were so amazed by that fact that adding greens like spinach and kale to smoothies could actually taste good.
To be honest, I was a little nervous about it at first too. But I started adding greens to my smoothies years ago and I haven’t looked back since. My OG love is my peanut butter green smoothie, but this tropical green smoothie is so delicious too!
At this point I’ve grown to enjoy the earthy “green” taste in my smoothies, but the recipe I’m sharing today is perfect for those just getting on-board the green smoothie train. It uses frozen banana and mango, both of which are super sweet and do a great job masking just about anything. Of course, it’s still a winner for those of us that have been drinking green smoothies for ages – you can’t really go wrong when combining yummy tropical fruit like banana, mango and coconut.
Tropical Green Smoothie Ingredients:
- frozen banana
- frozen mango
- dairy-free milk – I used an almond/coconut milk blend!
- baby spinach
- protein powder – I used a plant-based vanilla protein powder, but unflavored would work well too.
- chia seeds
- unsweetened shredded coconut
I normally buy and use unsweetened vanilla almond milk for smoothies, but I decided to switch it up and buy the almond coconut milk blend. It’s perfect for this tropical smoothie, but I also love the subtle coconut flavor it adds to my morning iced coffee. If you don’t have the almond coconut milk, no worries! You can use regular almond milk, coconut milk, a combo of the two or any other milk you have on hand. The smoothie will still be delicious no matter what liquid you use!
Whenever I drink this smoothie I start to day dreaming about laying on the beach with my toes in the sand. Can you tell I’m ready for beach weekend?
Meal Prep Smoothies
Did you know you can prep smoothies ahead of time for an even quicker meal? There are two basic options:
- Freezer smoothie bags: put all of the ingredients (except the liquid) into a freezer safe container or ziplock bag in individual portions. When you’re ready to enjoy your smoothie, simply dump the contents of the container into your blender, add the liquid and blend away! For this recipe, just fill the freezer container with banana slices, mango, spinach, chia seeds, protein powder and shredded coconut. All of these ingredients are find to freeze.
- Freeze prepped smoothies: Make a big batch of the smoothie, portion into freezer-safe cups and freeze. Take the frozen smoothie out the night before you want to enjoy it and let it thaw in the fridge. Give it a shake or stir before enjoying.
More Easy Breakfast Ideas
More Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love
- Green Protein Smoothie
- Peach Smoothie
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- Snickers Protein Smoothie
- Avocado Mango Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Butterfinger Smoothie
Be sure to check out all the smoothie recipes here on EBF.
Tropical Green Smoothie
- Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Sprinkle a little unsweetened coconut shreds on top and enjoy!
- I really like the flavor of the almond coconut milk in this smoothie, but if you don’t have it feel free to use whatever milk you have on hand.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.