Super easy coconut butter chocolate cups with a crunchy trail mix topping! They’re vegan, gluten-free and paleo-friendly.
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tablespoons Enjoy Life chocolate chips (or your fav brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon + 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil
- 6 teaspoons coconut butter*
- 1–2 Tablespoons trail mix, chopped
- Line a muffin tin with six cupcake liners. Silicone liners work great!
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1/3 cup chocolate chips with 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil in the microwave at 15-20 second intervals, stirring between each interval. It should take less than one minute for the chocolate to be completely melted.
- Using a spoon drop enough chocolate (about 1-2 teaspoons) to cover the bottom and sides of each cupcake liner. Use all of the melted chocolate, but keep the bowl handy. You’ll likely need to use a utensil to spread the chocolate up the sides. Place tray into the freezer for about 5 minutes for the chocolate to setup. Remove from freezer and spoon 1 teaspoon of coconut butter into each chocolate cup. Spread to cover the bottom of the cup and place tray back in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- While the coconut butter sets up, add the remaining 2 Tablespoons chocolate chips and 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil to the chocolate melting bowl and heat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to melt. Stir.
- Remove tin from freezer and spoon chocolate over each coconut butter cup , using just enough to completely cover all the coconut butter. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon trail mix on each cup.
Place tin into the fridge for about 30 minutes to set completely. Once set enjoy or store in a covered container in the fridge. Remove from fridge about 5-10 minutes before serving otherwise the coconut butter will be too hard to bite through.
*Coconut butter is solid (like coconut oil) at room temp so if it’s not freshly made or you don’t live in a warm climate you may need to melt it for measuring.
**I made these with Enjoy Life vegan, dairy-free chocolate chips so they still have about 9 grams of sugar per cup. If you want to make version with less sugar, you can try using different chocolate chips (like these sweetened with stevia) or can experimenting with making your own chocolate coating with coconut oil and cocoa power like I did for my Chocolate PB Eggs.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 14mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
Keywords: coconut butter cups