This vegan tofu scramble is packed with flavor, has a great texture and easily lends itself to any additional veggies or spices you’d like to add in! Delicious served with sliced avocado and toast.
- 16 oz firm or extra firm tofu, pressed or drained
- 2 teaspoons avocado or coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup button mushrooms, chopped
- 2–3 Tablespoons water, if needed
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded kale or baby spinach
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add garlic and onion and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until onions begin to soften.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and use your fingers to crumble the tofu into chunks before tossing it into the pan as well. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the tofu starts to stick or the pan becomes dry, you can add a little water to the pan.
- Add the turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper to the pan and stir to combine. Then add the kale and nutritional yeast. Stir and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Taste and season with additional black pepper and sea salt, if needed. Serve the scramble warm with sliced avocado and fresh herbs. I like cilantro.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 228
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 20g
Keywords: tofu scramble