- 1/2 block extra firm tofu, pressed and patted dry
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free oat flour (any flour will work)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Cover toaster oven baking sheet with foil and preheat to 400°. Cut tofu into 1/4 inch cubes. Combine the nutritional yeast, flour, oil, garlic, pepper and salt in a container with a lid.
- Add the tofu to the container. Shake well to coat the tofu.
- Place tofu onto baking sheet in a single layer and and bake in toaster oven for 15-30 minutes, turning the tofu every 10 minutes until tofu is the texture you desire. I like mine golden brown and crispy. Serve tofu over salad, stuffed into a sandwich, in a stir-fry or on its own.
**I only used 1/2 a block of tofu because a full block would be too much for the toaster oven and the tofu wouldn’t crisp up properly.
**If you don’t have a toaster oven, you can bake the tofu in your regular oven.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 8g