Turn your Thanksgiving veggie tray into a turkey for a fun and healthy Thanksgiving app.
- 1–2 crowns broccoli
- 2 heads endive
- 1 package mini cucumbers
- 1 bag tri-color mini sweet bell peppers
- 1 bag carrot chips
- 1 package cherry tomatoes
- 1 jicama or package of jicama sticks
- 1 teaspoon greek yogurt
- 2 peppercorns
- guacamole or hummus (a thick dip works best)
- round tray or platter
- Put the dip in a small bowl near the bottom of the tray. This will be the body of your turkey. If you’re using guacamole do this step last/right before serving so that the guac doesn’t get brown on you.
- Before making the veggie tray go through the bag of mini bell peppers and find a good yellow pepper to use for the face. Find another one for the wings, one orange pepper that you can use to cut out the legs and the beak and a red one you can use to cut the red snood.
- Start placing the feathers around the edge of your platter. We did a pattern of 1 endive leaf (with a mini bell pepper underneath to prop it up and two broccoli florets. Start filling in under the broccoli with cucumber slices. Add a small slice of yellow bell pepper to the center of each endive leaf. Then add a cherry tomato at the bottom of each leaf. Add another layer of carrot chips and cucumber slices.
- Arrange jicama sticks along the bottom half of the tray.
- To make the turkey, chop off the top of the yellow mini bell pepper, empty the seeds out and place it upside down at the top of the bowl. Add the wings using half slices of another yellow bell pepper. To make the the eyes we filled a plastic baggie with a couple teaspoons of greek yogurt, cut off the tip and used it to pipe two dots of yogurt onto the head of the turkey. We then situated two peppercorns in the middle of the yogurt dots. We were able to just sit the mini bell pepper beak and snood on the head and they stayed in place on their own. For the legs, grab a orange bell pepper and cut out two legs with little toes. Serve immediately.
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 181mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: thanksgiving veggie tray, thanksgiving vegetable tray, turkey veggie tray