These gluten-free and vegan tempeh tacos are perfect for summer entertaining! Create a taco bar and let everyone load up the tacos with their favorite toppings.
- 4 teaspoons avocado or olive oil
- 1 8 oz package of Lightlife tempeh (any variety will work)
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium tamari
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice (juice from 1 lime)
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 16oz package of frozen fajita veggies (bell pepper and onions)
- Avocado, sliced
- Broccoli slaw
- Tomatillo dressing
- 4 corn tortillas
- Optional: limes, salsa, hot sauce, pickled onions
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil to a medium skillet (I used a cast iron skillet), add fajita veggies and 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning. Sauté veggies until tender and hot, about 5-7 minutes. Move to a bowl.
- Crumble tempeh into small pieces using your hands and add to a bowl with tamari, lime juice and 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning.
- In the same skillet you used to cook the veggies, add another 2 teaspoons of oil and add tempeh mixture into the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently until tempeh starts to brown and is warm throughout, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from skillet and start building tacos.
- For tacos fill one tortilla with tempeh, fajita veggies, slaw and avocado slices. Top with tomatillo dressing. Add salsa, hot sauce, pickled onions and a squeeze of fresh lime juice, if using.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 493
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 744mg
- Fat: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 19g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: tempeh tacos, vegan tempeh tacos