These no bake tahini fig bars are chewy, nutty (without any nuts) and loaded with powerhouse ingredients. Make a batch on the weekend and have a delicious, healthy snack all week long. Nut and dairy-free.
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs (black mission or smyrna work great)
- 1/2 cup raw or toasted pepitas (also referred to as pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (dairy-free, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Add oats, figs, pepitas, tahini, honey, ground flaxseed, chia seeds, vanilla, cinnamon and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Once the mixture is holding together, transfer into the loaf pan lined with parchment. Fold the parchment over top and press the mixture firmly and evenly into the pan. Place in fridge for a few minutes while melting the chocolate.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30-second intervals until melted. Pour melted chocolate over the bars and spread using the back of a spoon.
- Place the bars back in the fridge to harden (about 30 minutes). Remove from the pan and cut into 8 bars.
- Store bars in fridge for up to 1 week. Enjoy cold or at room temperature (I’ve found that they hold together best when chilled and they taste delicious straight from the fridge).
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 48mg
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: tahini fig bars, tahini granola bars