These chocolate chip tahini cookies pack a nutritional punch with fiber, healthy fats and protein, plus they’re vegan & gluten-free!
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 Tablespoons water (or 1 egg)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- flaked sea salt, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine ground flaxseed with water in a small bowl and set aside for 5-10 minutes or until thick and gelatinous.
- If you’re adding coconut flakes in the recipe preheat a sauté pan to medium heat. Add the coconut flakes and stir constantly until they turn a golden color (this will take about 1-3 minutes). Remove them from the pan and allow to cool. This step is optional, but highly recommended.
- Once the flaxseed mixture has setup, use a medium size mixing bowl to combine tahini, maple syrup, flaxseed mixture, seeds (if using), cinnamon, sea salt, baking soda and vanilla. Stir together until everything is incorporated.
- Fold in coconut flour, toasted shredded coconut (if using) and dark chocolate chips.
- Scoop out the cookie batter using a small/medium cooking scoop or Tablespoon and place on baking sheet giving about 1½ inches between each cookie. Sprinkle a few sea salt flakes on cookies, if using.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven to cool on the pan at least 15 minutes before touching or removing. Enjoy right away or store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Desserts
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 87mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: tahini cookies