A fall-inspired turkey sandwich with crispy apple slices, roasted sweet potato and hummus.
- 4 slices of whole grain, sprouted or gluten-free bread
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/2 small apple, thinly sliced
- 2 roasted sweet potato slices*
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 6–8 ounces fresh deli turkey (I used black pepper)
- small handful baby spinach
- Put sandwiches together by laying all four slices of bread out. Add about 1 Tablespoon of the hummus to each slice. Set two slices aside as these will be your sandwich toppers. Split the sandwich ingredients in half and add them to the two slices of bread in the order listed. Once you get to the baby spinach top each with a remaining slice of bread, cut each in half and enjoy!
*For the roasted sweet potato slices, use the sweet potato toast method by thinly slicing a sweet potato into 1/4” thick pieces, coat in small amount of oil, season with salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet with a little room between each slice. Bake at 400° for about 15-20 minutes, flip slices over and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until a fork can easily pierce the sweet potato.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 469 |
- Sugar: 16g |
- Fat: 14g |
- Carbohydrates: 63g |
- Fiber: 14g |
- Protein: 26g