You guys, have you hopped on the MASON JAR SALAD train yet?!? Please say yes.
If so, you already know how great they are AND if you haven’t, I really really reeeaaaallly hope that today’s post inspires you to do so! I honestly don’t know how it couldn’t because I’ve teamed up with my fav group of healthy food bloggers to bring you SIX amazing mason jar salads… including an epic spring-fling spinach salad packed with strawberries, roasted asparagus, spinach and avocado.
More on this beauty in a few, first let’s check out the full round-up…
Hello yum — don’t they look delish?
The best part? They’re all packed with veggies, healthy, grain-free, gluten-free, diary-free and paleo!
First up, Lexi’s Thai Chopped Chicken Salad with Chili Vinaigrette has all of your favorite flavors together in one jar! This salad is loaded with veggies and packed with flavor. Taste the hints of chili and lime with a touch of sweetness in this easy-to-pack on the go meal!
Ingredients: chopped lettuce, grilled chicken, spicy broccoli, mango and cabbage slaw, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, chili vinaigrette
No time to make a healthy lunch? I think not! Prep the ingredients for Lee’s Spring Cobb Salad with a Raspberry Basil Vinaigrette and arrange it in a mason jar for easy access during the week.
Ingredients: bacon, egg, chicken, cucumber, tomato, raspberries, raspberry basil vinaigrette
Kelly’s Carrot Noodle Salad with Sweet Chili Sesame Vinaigrette is vegan, but don’t let that fool you. It’s filled with plant-based protein so that you’ll actually stay full ’til dinner! It’s the perfect way to transport healthy, nutrient-packed salads to work… and it’s gorgeous, delicious, and totally satisfying.
Ingredients: carrot, roasted bell pepper, hemp seeds, cashews, spinach, sweet chili sesame vinaigrette
Change up your usual salad game with Davida’s Tropical Sriracha Chicken Salad. It’s packed full of veggies and flavor with an added boost of protein from the sriracha-pineapple marinated chicken breast.
Ingredients: sriracha-pineapple marinated chicken, red onion, avocado, tomatoes, pineapple, spinach,
Taylor’s Chicken Taco Salad puts a healthy twist on a restaurant favorite. It sounds simple but it’s BIG on flavor, with the perfect amount of spice and creaminess from the cumin and avocado. It’s packed in a mason jar for a portable, tasty lunch that won’t get soggy!
Ingredients: chicken, carrot, pepper, onion, cumin, avocado, lime, salsa, tomato, cucumber, cilantro, spinach
Lastly, my Strawberry Spinach Salad takes advantage of the spring’s bounty with a variety of ingredients including: strawberries, roasted asparagus, grilled chicken, crunchy cucumber slices, creamy avocado, red onion, toasted almond slices and a sweet and tangy homemade poppy seed dressing.
Mason jar salads are really easy to prep, but there’s a method to the madness. Here’s how you want to layer your salads:
- Dressing first
- Veggies that will respond well to marinating in the dressing (things like cucumbers, onions, squash and mushrooms work great for this)
- Moisture-resistant veggies
- Greens (spinach, spring mix, romaine, etc)
- Toppings (cheese, nuts, dried fruit, etc)
Strawberry Spinach Mason Jar Salad with Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing
- 6 Tablespoons citrus poppy seed dressing
- 1/4 cup red onion slices
- 1/2 cup cucumber slices
- 4 large strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted asparagus, chopped
- 1/4 avocado, chopped
- 6-8 ounces grilled or baked skinless chicken breast
- 1 5 oz bag of spinach
- 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Make dressing by whisking together all ingredients. Recipe will make a little less than ¾ cup of dressing.
- Take two wide-mouth 32 oz mason jars and layer salad ingredients. Start with 3 Tablespoons of dressing in each jar, divide remaining salad ingredients in half and start layering in this order: onions, cucumbers, strawberries, asparagus, chicken, avocado, spinach and almonds.
- When ready to serve, shake each jar and pour into a bowl.