Creamy coconut milk, chia seeds and sweet strawberries are mixed together and topped with a drizzle of chocolate to make a decadent, yet healthier dessert. No one will ever guess it’s vegan and paleo-friendly!
- 1 (13 oz) can classic coconut milk*
- 1 cup strawberries, divided
- natural sweetener of choice — maple syrup, honey or stevia (optional)
- 6 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Place coconut milk, 1/2 cup strawberries, vanilla extract and sweetener of choice (if using) into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place chia seeds in a large sealable container. Pour strawberry coconut milk mixture over chia seeds and stir well to combine. Cover chia coconut milk mixture and place in the fridge to set up for a couple hours.
- Bring chia pudding out of the fridge, stir well and portion into small bowls for serving.
- Meanwhile place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or until chocolate has melted.
- Top each bowl of chia pudding with fresh slices of strawberry and drizzle chocolate on top. Enjoy immediately.
*Using full-fat coconut milk makes for a seriously rich and creamy pudding. For a lighter version, sub another non-dairy milk (like almond milk) for the full-fat coconut milk. Or use light coconut milk.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 323
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 5g