This strawberry banana baked oatmeal recipe is the perfect make ahead breakfast. Strawberry, banana and chocolate… what could be better?
- 2 cups rolled old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 large egg (or 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas (1 mashed and 1 sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh quartered strawberries (divided)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (divided)
- cooking spray
- additional strawberries, bananas and milk for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add in milk, maple syrup, egg, coconut oil, vanilla and mashed banana. Stir well to combine.
- Gently fold in 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 of your banana slices and 1/8 cup of chocolate chips.
- Carefully pour oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Scatter the remaining strawberries, banana slices and chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the middle of the bake is set (it might still be slightly wet from the strawberries but that’s okay). The top/edges will be golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. This will allow the baked oatmeal to set a bit more. Portion and serve. Top with additional fresh strawberries, banana and a splash of milk.
- Storage: Store baked oatmeal in the fridge in an airtight sealed container for 4-6 days.
- To reheat: Add a portion to a microwave-safe bowl and heat until warm throughout, about 1 minute or set oven (or toaster oven) to 350° and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until warm. Top with extra almond milk, if desired.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe (2/3 cup - 1 cup)
- Calories: 308
- Sugar: 23g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: strawberry banana baked oatmeal