Roasted asparagus and radishes are the star of this fresh and flavorful springtime quinoa salad. Perfect as a make-ahead lunch option for a potluck side dish. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bunch of radishes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (for roasting)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- Cook quinoa in water according to package directions. Remove from heat and let cool. This step can be done ahead of time.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400° F. Toss asparagus and radishes with olive oil and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking stone. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables have reached your desired texture. If your asparagus spears are really thin, they may need to be taken out of the oven a bit earlier than the radishes.
- Once roasted, remove the veggies from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large salad bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, maple syrup, sea salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the asparagus, radishes, quinoa, parsley, scallions, and toss well to combine. Top with pistachios before serving.
Recipe inspired by Dr.Weil’s Quinoa Tabbouleh.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 263
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7g