This spiralized carrot and cucumber kale salad is not only fresh and flavorful, but the tangy peanut sauce is finger-licking good! Vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 bunch of kale (about 10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup carrot spirals
- 1/2 cup cucumber spirals
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame salt (gomasio)
- (for topping)
- 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 inch knob of fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 Tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup warm water
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Wash kale and dry well. Remove large, tough stems and cut or break large leaves into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl combine the kale, carrot and cucumber spirals and red onion. Set aside.
- Place the peanut sauce ingredients (peanut butter, garlic, ginger, vinegar, aminos, brown rice syrup, water and cayenne pepper) into a blender and blend until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Drizzle the sauce on top of the kale mixture and stir until everything is well coated with the sauce. Garnish with chopped red onions and gomasio. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Salads
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/3 of recipe
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: kale salad