Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers
Published May 24, 2021, Updated Jul 24, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
A healthy take on burger night, these spinach and feta turkey burgers are made with lean meat and loaded with flavor!
You might not know this about me but I was a Pescatarian for a number of years! When I started eating meat again, these spinach and feta turkey burgers were one of the first “meat meals” I made.
They were instantly a hit in our home so I knew I needed to share them with you as well.
These turkey burgers are fast and ridiculously easy to make. All you have to do is mix up the ingredients, form the patties and toss them on the grill. Dinner will be ready in minutes!
Are Turkey Burgers Healthier Than Beef Burgers?
Both types of meat provide a great source of protein, vitamins and minerals. Having said that, turkey is lower in saturated fat than beef – which is great for heart health!
If you are trying to lose weight, low-fat or fat-free ground turkey is a great option because it’s low in calories and high in protein. I personally love making turkey burgers because I get my burger fix without added fat and calories.
Spinach & Feta Turkey Burger Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need for these turkey burgers:
- ground turkey – I like using lean ground turkey, but you can use any type you prefer.
- baby spinach – chop the spinach finely to mix into the burger.
- crumbled feta cheese – look for finely crumbled feta cheese so the cheese will be evenly distributed throughout the burgers.
- egg whites – this helps bind the burgers together so they don’t fall apart on the grill!
- fresh parsley – dried works as well, but I love the flavor that fresh herbs add.
- garlic cloves – the perfect savory flavor accompaniment.
- sea salt and pepper – season to taste.
How to Serve Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers
These burgers have a hint of Mediterranean flavor which you can totally play up with the toppings — maybe a few olives and a spread of hummus? Sounds delightful to me.
They’re also delicious with traditional burger toppings – lettuce, sliced onion, ketchup and mustard.
Serve this burger on a traditional bun, use lettuce leaves as a bun or serve over greens for a burger salad. We’ve done all three countless times and they’re equally delicious!
How to Store Turkey Burgers
These turkey burgers store really well, which make them great for meal prep! After allowing the burgers to cool, store in an airtight container for up to five days in the refrigerator. For longer storage, you can also freeze them!
What to Pair with Turkey Burgers:
There’s really nothing better than a burger and fries. Here are some healthy options:
And here are some great side salads to pair with these burgers!
- Easy Quinoa Salad
- Curried Cauliflower Salad
- Healthy Pasta Salad
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Asparagus Salad
- Orzo Salad
More Burger Recipes to Try
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Burgers
- Black Bean Sweet Potato Burgers
- Teriyaki Salmon Burgers
- Easy Black Bean Burgers
- Curried Pumpkin Black Bean Burgers
- The Best Turkey Burger
- Salmon Burgers
Be sure to check out all of my ground turkey recipes here on EBF!
Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 Tablespoons egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, (1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prep grill: Preheat grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil grill grate.
- Mix ingredients: While the grill is preheating, mix together turkey, spinach, feta, egg whites, parsley, garlic, sea salt and pepper in a large bowl until well combined.
- Form patties: Using your hands, form mixture into 4-5 patties.
- Grill: Cook on preheated grill until no longer pink in the center, about 6-8 minutes per side. Serve immediately.
- Adapted from Allrecipes.com.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.